The road to reform: how we can achieve PR for Westminster
By LDER executive
Join Wendy Chamberlain MP and Mark Pack, Liberal Democrat party president, for a conversation on why electoral reform is a priority for the Liberal Democrats - and how we can achieve it. Find out more about the implications of Labour adopting PR as party policy; what our party is doing to campaign for reform; and how you can help to bring about change.
Click here to sign up!
19:00 Guests assemble
19:05 Welcome and introduction to the topic (Keith Sharp)
19:10 Why electoral reform matters to the Young Liberals and introduction to speakers (Janey Little)
19:15 Opening remarks (Wendy Chamberlain)
- Achieving PR for Westminster as a Lib Dem priority: why it matters
- Current state of play: external landscape incl. Labour
- Reasons for optimism: how PR might be achieved
19:20 Opening remarks (Mark Pack)
- PR as a Lib Dem campaign priority: what our party is doing
- Champions for reform: what others are doing e.g. allies
- What we can expect in the year ahead
19:25 Panel Q&A with Wendy and Mark (hosted by Janey Little)
- Sarah Lewis and Helen Parker (LDER) to moderate
19:55 Wrap panel and thank panellists (Janey Little)
19:57 LDER and how you can get involved (Keith Sharp)
Get your ticket here!
Our Allies' work:
In late December, the Electoral Reform Society (Research Director Jess Garland) did a New Statesman podcast on Labour and proportional representation. Well worth a listen here!