Liberal Democrats for Electoral Reform (LDER) is the home for Liberal Democrats who want a truly democratic voting system which delivers maximum, equal power to the voter; and representative bodies which proportionately reflect the way people voted.
LDER is an official, recognised Associate Organisation within the Liberal Democrats.
Our 2021/22 executive
At our AGM, held on November 2, 2021 (on zoom) the following executive was approved (bios to follow)
President - Wendy Chamberlain MP.
Chair - Keith Sharp
Secretary - Sarah Lewis
Membership Secretary - Helen Parker
Treasurer - Richard Lawrie
Immediate Past Chair - Denis Mollison (co-opted).
Executive members (five permitted by our constitution)
We work to:
- inform all party members about the arguments for electoral reform;
- motivate members to campaign actively for reform;
- ensure electoral reform is a policy priority for the party;
- cooperate with others outside the party to build the campaign necessary to achieve reform. Non-party members are invited to sign up to receive our newsletters.
- support other political and constitutional reforms needed for the UK to have a democracy fit for the 21st century.
Get our updates
For regular updates on our activities, you can:
- Follow our Facebook page - /LibDemsForElectoralReform
- Follow us on Twitter - @LibDem4ER
- Sign up to our mailing list below